Train & Play
THE SOUTHAMPTON WAY
WHAT IS THE SOUTHAMPTON WAy?
Established by English Premier League’s Southampton FC, The Southampton Way is a training philosophy and approach based on developing high quality players not only on the field, but also off the pitch as well.
Our style of technical and tactical training combined with off-field lessons and physical endurance drills produces a player that is comfortable anywhere on the field and can contribute to our team goals across all phases of play.
What Your Child Will Get
- Top level professional academy training from English Premier League club Southampton FC
- Sessions broken down into three components: Classroom session (Physiological), Ball Mastery, Technical and Physical skills
- Small sided games and tactics
- Academy graduates are set up to receive university scholarships and/or pro club tryouts
- Repaid growth in skills, balance, coordination, speed, and agility
- Increase skills in concentration, persistence, and self discipline
- Weekly call-up opportunities to play with older age groups
- Develop rapidly in a fast-paced environment
- Constant feedback: verbal or written
- International exposure: showcase tournament in Europe or USA
What We Provide
- Position specific training for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders, and attackers
- Skills training Summer Camp by top European coaches
- 3 training sessions and 1 game per week all year round
- Access to sports technology – to measure and track improvement – including: stationary bikes, resistance bands, reaction testing with our Fit light equipment, GSP player performance tracker, and Benchmark our players against Southampton FC Academy players
- UK best technical skills development training program in a 24/24 Box every week
- Training with professional European clubs coaches and Division One university coaches every summer
- Access to yoga, technical skills training, strength and conditioning, nutrition session, speed testing, shooting testing, and agility testing
PRINCIPLES OF PLAY
passing / support
depth / width
mobility / movement
recovery / delay
pressure / support
cover / balance
control / restraint
90 MINUTE TRAINING MODEL
Small Sided Games
Tactics & TECHNICAL
We teach players the importance of balancing both sport and education
STYLE OF PLAY
Playing Out The Back
With four defenders and three central midfielders, there are seven players able to receive the ball from deep and look to build possession.
Switching the Play
With wide forward players staying disciplined it is possible to look for quick switches once the opposition has compacted to your side of the field.
Clinical in Final Third
The team that wins is usually the team that makes the most of its chances. We must be clinical in the final third and look for good high percentage shots and positive forward passes.
Pressing as a team
With three forward players it is possible to press from the front as long as the team behind is staying with the forwards. Pressing alone causes gaps but pressing as a team causes pressure on the opposition’s defense.
& Game Directions
& Learning Points
We provide PLAYERS CONSTANT FEEDBACK – BEFORE, DURING, & AFTER EACH GAME
WE MEET PLAYERS HALF-WAY & PROVIDE ALL THE TOOLS TO SUCCEED
A full-circle player evaluation will be conducted and delivered to each player at the end of each training cycle. Areas of improvement and suggestions going forward will be provided.
We assign our players weekly homework and assess progress based on pre-determined goals and development areas established early on in our training together.
– unparalleled Support –
to OUR PLAYERS
Understand our mission, values, and approach towards training and running our programs.
Our team focuses on the individual - we nurture and develop players to become the best they can be.
Learn more about Athletic Football Club Southampton's development over the years.
Learn how Athletic Football Club Southampton safeguards all players and children in each program.
View our practice and game field locations for each program.
We are proud to be Southampton FC's first International Academy Partner in Ontario, Canada.
View the Athletic Football Club Southampton's awards, trophies, and achievements.
Send us a message for more information regarding our programs, training, or anything else.